Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cudder Quote: Kid Cudi on Lupe Fiasco


"A lot of people find these ill witty ways to rap, but when you speak to them there’s ignorance and no type of common sense, just blandness. It’s important to be true to yourself on all levels; don’t talk about something you don’t know about.

When I listen to someone like Lupe Fiasco, I think, 'This dude is so smart,' and when I met him I thought, 'Man, this dude is so smart!' He speaks very intelligently and he’s actually intelligent in person."

Via Lupe's Blog

Peep the entire interview at BlackBookMag

A few more gems from the interview:

"You’re working on one of the most anticipated albums of the year, without having even released your first official album. What’s it like working on The Blueprint 3?
That was the first time Kanye asked me to work with him and it was really dope but it was strange, because it was like, Hey, I have to think like I’m like Jay-Z and write these hooks. It was really intense, so I was drunk and high the majority of the time."

"Now, real talk: What’s the deal with you and cheeseburgers? Are you a connoisseur of all things cheeseburgers?
I love all cheeseburgers! I want to go on a cheeseburger tour and see who has all the best cheeseburgers in America. I really love cheeseburgers and fries, the whole combination.

What’s the best cheeseburger you’ve found since you moved to Brooklyn?
I would have to say Ruby’s—well, that’s not a cheeseburger, and I’m going to tell you why. The Bronte Burgers at Ruby’s shouldn’t be considered cheeseburgers because it’s an Australian burger and that’s a whole other level of deliciousness. I love Fat Burger for fast food but you can’t get that over here, so I like Pop Burger and I love a Big Mac—you can’t front on a Big Mac."

No comments:

Post a Comment